I am going to blog here instead of writing stuff on facebook because not everyone I know uses facebook and it is easier just to post info here and everyone I know can have access.
At present I am in maymyo myanmar. Weather is cold down to 8 degrees C at night 22 during the day.
Having a great relaxing time. Catching up with friends here and also meditating. Not much to worry about. Living in a beautiful village and all is peaceful.
Is great to revive my mind with some meditation and redirect and reflect on where I am going and what I want to do with my life. One of the great things here is that for a few dollars you can feed a lot of people and bring happiness into peoples life.
Everyday I am able to share some food with good people who are dedicated in the pursuit of developing meditation and themselves to be able to release their minds from the suffering that exists in the world.
At the moment for me I have been acutely aware in my own mind of the two kinds of happiness in the world. The happiness that comes from pleasure of the senses and the happiness that comes from the mind in meditation.
To be honest I like both but I have to admit that having a rest from sense pleasures and the pursuit of them and just having the opportunity to rest the mind and clear it and brighten it with meditation is for the moment much more pleasurable.
Our lives are driven by our thoughts and by directing our thoughts in a different sphere. We can change the quality of our awareness of who we are and what we are doing.
There is so much that can be known by training your own mind with meditation and so much that you wish others could see. You start to see right through every thought and intention that you have and see the wonderous connection between the physical body and the mind.
The experience of the energy of the mind and body. The chemical basis of the breath and the beating of your heart and the flowing of blood. The power of thought to produce actions in the physical world that will produce happiness or suffering for yourself and others.
So I am having a good time. Glad I came here. Should be here for a while. Everyday I am getting happier and happier and my meditation is getting deeper and clearer. It is good to be in such a space.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greg, Am in complete envy of you at the moment. Am exhausted by 3 days of interviwing and was just about to close up the computer and head off to bed when your message came through on my MSN. I so need to find some time in my place to find some of the peace and energy that you are obviously finding at the moment. Thank you for sharing your thoughts right now with me. Just what I needed to dream on tonight.
ReplyDeleteTomorrow I head back to Melbourne and maybe I will catch up with Jan again before I head back to Ha Noi next weekend. We had a magic afternoon together a week ago. All the years in between then and when we last saw each other disappeared within minutes of seeing each other again.
the healer guys sounds amazing, would like to see him sometime- Heiko
ReplyDelete