Sunday, June 7, 2009

sometimes you can help in small ways too.

This is a picture of a man who is a street vender of what we call in burmese wheel cakes.
I usually eat some narn and beans and a cup of tea each morning for breakfast and then onto the wheel cake man. On my last day in Yangon I decided I should give him some old t shirts and a longyi I dont need any more. When I went to his shop it was closed. But no problem I asked around and found his house. He told me he had lent some money to another seller who was trying to sell in downtown yangon and it didnt work out and he lost his capital to run his business. I asked him how much that was. $5 is the answer. I gave him the clothes and $5 and told him to get back to work and I want some free wheel cakes next time in 6 months time.
 
Will hopefully see him again in december.

1 comment:

  1. love it- feels good, feels right doesn't it when you can hit the nail on the head like that.... :-)

    ReplyDelete